Wednesday 12 July 2006

(k)new knitting

two of my friends had babies this spring, and i recently completed a baby sweater for each of them. i call it the london jumper.


e's baby boy got one in brown and green camouflage colors to inspire him to be an eco-conscious forest ranger when he grows up. i also made him a mini london jumper for a tiny friend.

jumper for baby drake
IMG_0250



k's baby got the same one in a yellow and aqua colorway which has rapidly become one of my favorite yarns ever. he got a matching hat - although i fear that the sweater will be too big while the hat is too small. oh well.

jumper for baby kohei
IMG_1039.JPG



so after months of boring stockinette stitch, i decided it was time to take the next step with my knitting: double-pointed needles.

IMG_1041.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

aw, heck. why stop there? add a fifth DPN and make cables!

IMG_1043.JPG

unless arthritis or repetitive stress syndrome kick in, i will conquer this fetching pattern


and since i am so in love with the jaeger baby merino dk, (and since my currently pregnant friends refuse to find out if they are having baby girls who merit me making more london jumpers), i am going to use fun pink yarn for myself this time.

IMG_1044.JPG


ooh, project!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous yarns :)
I'm thinking about re-acquainting myself with my knitting needles to make some soakers for my new baby (butt sweaters, as it were). I'm enthralled by this colorway: http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=83940&vid=289

- wren